I am sitting alone in my hotel room for two days of work meetings. Not exactly the high life, but I can’t complain.
The upside is two nights alone in a nice hotel room. I love my hubbie, and I would prefer to be with him, but there’s something delightful about staying in a hotel room.
1. You can eat in bed. I’m sorry but lying down under blankets and eating is pure luxury. Especially since if you get food in the bed, you can always move to the other side to sleep.
2. Maid service. Enough said. Save water? No thanks. I need new towels every day.
3. TV. Although, I cannot partake in this joy this trip. I’m just lying in bed with nothing to do, staring at a giant flat screen TV. It’s taunting me, saying “don’t you want to watch Everybody Loves Raymond on TLC, or Giada on the Food Network? No one will ever know.” I write this so you all know. Pray for me.
4. KJV bible. What a world! Whenever people complain about the downfall of American Christianity, remember, there’s still a Bible in every hotel room. And a KJV one for that matter!
5. The darkness. How does it stay so dark? What do they make these curtains out of?
Off to eat an orange in bed and read the Bible in the drawer. Good night.